Islay Whisky Tour Weekend
TRIP DATE: This trip is available to book every Wednesday to Sunday all year round (excluding Christmas).
Are you interested in touring round the best of Islay’s distilleries and tasting the best Scotch they have to offer? This four day trip offers just that and more. From golfing to delicious food to cigars, this event offers something for every whisky lover and you can change the itinerary to suit you and your guests needs.
Travel around Scotland will be arranged for you in advance and all information on bookings and full itineraries will be supplied before travel. Flights to Glasgow are not included so please make sure you arrive at the time allocated.
What to bring?
The weather in Scotland changes from season to season so we recommend that you bring clothes appropriate for the time of year that you book. All accommodation will be included in the itinerary in a 4 star hotel in Islay with a restaurant, bar and outdoor space.
All lunch, evening meals and drinks are not included unless otherwise stated in the itinerary.
This itinerary is the property of DMScotland. Subject to availability, changes and COVID restrictions.
Airport of your choice
Appropriate attire for the dates of travel, evening attire.
5 Star AccommodationAirport TransfersBreakfastEntry FeesPersonal GuideWelcome Dinner
Day 1 - Wednesday
- TBC Depart London
- TBC Arrive Glasgow overnight in airport hotel
- TBC check into Hilton Glasgow
Day 2 - Thursday
- Suggested flights: Glasgow (8am) - 45 mins - Islay (08:45am).
- 8:45 Arrive Islay Airport
- 9:00 Transport to The Machrie Hotel / Islay Hotel - Light breakfast at the hotel
- 10:00 Car will pick you up for your tour of Laphroaig Distillery
- 10:30 Laphroaig Distillery Tour (1 Hour)
- 12:30 Car to next distillery (5 minutes)
- 12:30 Ardbeg Full Range Tasting (1hr 45 mins)
- 13:45 Lunch @ Ardbeg Distillery, Old Kiln Cafe
- 14:45 Car to next distillery (5 minutes)
- 15:30 Lagavulin Warehouse Distillery Tour (1 hour)
- 16:30 Short tour of the island or back to the hotel to relax (please arrange with the driver)
- 19:00 Dinner at the Machrie Hotel 18 Restaurant and Bar
Day 3 - Friday
- 08:30 Breakfast
- 09:30 Pick up for Tour Ardnahoe
- 10:00 Tour Ardnahoe Distillery (45 mins)
- 11:30 Car to Bunnahabain Distillery
- 12:30 Premium Tasting at Bunnahabain Distillery (1 hour)
- 13:00 Car to Bowmore
- 13:15 Lunch at Peatzeria, Bowmore
- 14:00 Tour/ Tasting Bowmore Distillery
- 17:00 Back to hotel
- 19:00 Taxi pick up
- 19:30 Dinner @ The Lochside Restaurant, Bowmore (please arrange with the driver a time to collect)
- PM Back to Islay hotel
Day 4 - Saturday
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:30 Pick up for Tour of Jura Distillery
- 11:30 Back to Islay
- 12:30 Sea Adventure Boat Ride (Correyvrekan)
- 14:00 Back to Hotel for a relaxing afternoon
- 17:00 Cigars and Drams
- 19:00 Dinner at your leisure
Day 5 - Sunday
- Suggested flights: Islay (16:25pm) - 45 mins - Glasgow (17:10pm).
- 9:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 Golf at The Machrie
- 14:00 Lunch at The Machrie
- 16:25 Flight from Islay to Glasgow
- 17:10 Arrive Glasgow airport
- 18:00 Onward journey to London
Tour Review Scores and Score Breakdown
Our happy clients and members reviews. Please take the time to review your experience with us.